DescriptionTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABBâs Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will be working as Fulfillment Specialist and will be part of the Electrification Business Area for Global Markets Division based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to the Planning and Fulfillment Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the effective control of the products and services and the due date requirements are met as per the manufacturing processes and validating On Time delivery (OTD) for all products and services.
- Obtaining and analyzing the quotations, negotiating of prices of goods, machinery, equipment, raw materials and other supplies and or services for the Local Business Unit.
- Processing purchase orders on SAP and ensuring accuracy of data before submitting the order to the vendor. Ensuring all orders are confirmed within the lead time set by the supply chain management.
- Performing the entire expediting functions by ensuring all orders are delivered on time and and good are receipted accurately. Liaising with Logistics center and shipping on daily basis.
- Evaluating the suppliers and the supplier qualification program as required.
- Monitoring stock replenishment and eliminating shortage of products in the stores.
- Developing new sources of supply. Ensuring the use of E-Smart and Shop Floor Database (SFDB) for recording and monitoring cost savings for stocked items and non-stocked items in order to plan the cost savings actions.
- Liaising with the vendors for price lists and discounts.
- Supporting the supply chain manager in creating long term agreements with vendors on commodities relevant to the Business Unit. Managing the supplier risk and supplier performance.
- Focusing on reducing the non-ABB supplier base on standard commodities or services and ensuring that the local vendors are complying to our BBBEE requirements. Working on converting old and new sole suppliers on standard commodities.
- Maintaining the records of the vendor communications and actions.
- Living ABBâs core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum qualification required Matric (Grade 12) and Diploma or Degree in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in buying.
- Should have working experience in SAP (MM module) is mandatory.
- Candidate should be competent in Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate with prior experience in strategic buying would be an advantage.
- Prior experience in ABB is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.
EL Global Markets