DescriptionBAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL Non managerial role
Appointment type Permanent
LOCATION Cape Town
Reports to South Africa HR Business Partner
Geographic Scope South Africa
BAT South Africa IS LOOKING for an HR EXECUTIVE to join our team in Cape Town.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This position will have a critical role to play in ensuring that SuccessFactors data is the single source of truth for the entire organization has the most optimal structure and best talent to deliver its objectives.
It will be critical for the HR Executive to ensure comprehensive knowledge of HR priorities and be actively involved in the delivery of those priorities. The HR Executive will be expected to apply themselves in the role to drive data integrity for insights to effectively support business decisions.
What You Will Be Accountable For
Talent, Operational Excellence & Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)
- Lead recruitment co-ordination process across South Africa
- Drive exemplary candidate experience through coordinating end to end interview process in collaboration with GBS HR & respective HRBPs
- Initiate pre-employment checks, driving test competency, documentation, and follow-up to ensure new employee files are updated with integral and relevant start of employment data
- Coordinate SA HR induction/onboarding programme for all new recruits in liaison with the relevant stakeholders
- Lead training administration across South Africa
- Plan and deliver training logistics as per training guidelines advised by training facilitator / training manuals
- Measure HR related training effectiveness through keeping appropriate records i.e. attendance sheets for all trainings, training feedback/ evaluation forms and sharing feedback with relevant parties for continuous training programme improvement
- Manage claiming of any rebates from AGRISETA for training and apprenticeship programme
- Coordinate and manage documentation and development progress of interns (general & Disability Project) and Global Graduates as per programme requirements
- Enabling & developing teams with the right skills for now & the future
- Drive BATâs Employee Value Proposition (EVP)/ Employer Branding initiatives
- Organize & participate in all EVP initiatives including career fairs, professional associations engagements, universities engagement and social media drive campaigns as per the annual Talent Engagement Calendar
- Lead the Top Employer annual assessment
- Manage first level queries related to talent processes including recruitment job applications, learning & development, performance management and employer engagement/partnership initiatives
- Support with Organization Effectiveness initiatives
- Support driving employeesâ completion of âYour Voice Surveysâ, any organizational climate pulse checks and implementation of action points post survey in collaboration with HRBPâs
- Plan and coordinate employee engagement activities under South Africaâs #ESA culture
- Lead the implementation of actions arising out of the EE Committee
- Drive Position & Employment Data Integrity
- Deliver timely Position & Organization management within SuccessFactors
- Manage the Joiner/Mover/Leaver process in line with signed off procedures & agreed Service Level Agreements [SLAs]
- Provide HR teams with relevant local reports & employment information for payroll, talent review purposes.
- Conduct position & employment data integrity audits and trouble shoot system problems to ensure accurate data for management reports
- Deliver accurate headcount reporting in line with guidelines and timelines
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within own processes to add value to business controls
- Test and sign-off new system developments and cascade to relevant users.
- Effectively manage the relationship & support in all systems related projects in liaison with Global Business Services HR [GBS HR]
- Conduct training & support to new recruits on Employee Self Service in SuccessFactors
- Act as HR lead on all systems related matters and where relevant liaise with Information Digital Technology (IDT) teams.
- Drive Regional and Area initiated system projects and ensure teams are aligned to requirements
- Maintain advanced knowledge of systems facilities and usage in order to provide effective user support.
- Identify & close skills gaps in line with job requirements and development discussions with line manager
- Manage the submission of all disability claims and liaise with Fund Administrators to ensure end-to-end process is followed and closed OTIF
- Custodian of the HR Budget spend monitoring and reporting on a quarterly basis
- Raise POs, Supplier Creation following the required governance, payment tracking and budget monitoring by cost centre
- Degree holder in any business field with HR post qualification - candidates from other disciplines with relevant experience are encouraged to apply
- 3-5 years of entry/junior-level HR experience within a busy environment
- High analytical with sound IT capabilities; experience working with SAP an advantage
- Learning agility, ability to work with minimal supervision and delivery within tight timelines
- Highly organized, structured in approach, ambitious, courageous and resilient
- Attention to detail, ability to manage pressure and coping with a changing environment
- Project Management skills would be an added advantage
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Womenâs Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner - one of 50 most sustainable companies
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!