Location:Thohoyandou Job Details
- To grow SBSA’s market share by acquiring New To Bank customers and cross selling.
- To provide an acquisition based, proactive sales and service function in order to add value and contribute to the overall profitability of the Catchment.
- To use data to identify sales opportunities and what matters to the customer, whilst maximising value demand.
- To take demand from customers for any banking matters ranging from product questions to customer account activities (e.g., account status, statements, debit order information, etc.), as well as personal account opening whilst forming an accurate assessment and understanding of that demand in order to act on it in a one-and-done manner that consistently delivers what matters to the customer within product and legislative (e.g., FAIS) parameters.
Determine Customer Requirements
- Engages with customers in order to understand what matters to the customer and deliver against those demands.
- Identifies authenticity of the customer in order to prevent disclosure of information to unauthorised persons.
- Takes ownership of every demand and provides the customer with an immediate response (depending on the nature of the demand) or facilitates the completion of the customer demand (which includes the processing of customer mandates and documentation requirements for banking facilities). Drives one-and-done as far as possible – updates relevant systems with history notes as applicable.
- Understands the risks associated with the customer demand and adheres to all risk and compliance requirements when executing on demand.
- Deals with customer enquiries, ranging from product questions and customer account activities across all mediums available in the Direct CST within the agreed service times.
Respond to service requests (including opening accounts)
- Discloses to customers that he/she is acting under supervision along with other relevant FAIS disclosures (where applicable) and ensures business processes are followed (i.e., customer receives this in writing).
- Manages the risks associated with new accounts, mandates and specimen signatures by adhering to risk and compliance requirements.
- Opens new accounts (including on-boarding), transfers, amends and closes accounts according to laid down procedures (e.g., confirmation of employment, completes AML mandatory fields, etc.).
- Ensures that customers are fully informed of their rights and obligations to the bank in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice.
- Gathers and completes accurate data for the opening of loan accounts (e.g., secured and unsecured) and granting of facilities.
- Supports the implementation of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) to ensure adherence to record keeping requirements
- Ensures compliance to all applicable legislative requirements such as National Credit Act, Companies Act, Consumer Protection Act, Protection of Personal Information Act etc. and completion of compliance training.
- Ensures the adherence to all internal risk related policies and guidelines.
- Explains credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
- Supports customers in the completion of credit application information and obtain the required documents (e.g. personal statements of asset and liabilities and income statements).
- Processes scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and Behavioural Risk Indicator (BRI) scores.
- Notifies customers regarding the approval or decline of credit loan facilities.
- Captures applications for all lending products.
- Actions credit violation reports daily as per laid down procedures.
- Ensures that the Know Your Customer (KYC) reports and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reports are actioned timeously.
- Obtains necessary customer documentation as required by Know Your Customer (KYC) policies and regulations. Uploads documentation on ECM and requests customers to submit original documentation.
- Validates the customer’s regulatory status (e.g., KYC, POPI, etc.).
- Refers matters outside scoring criteria, with the appropriate information, to the Credit Evaluation Manager for further investigation.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards.
Drive demand generation opportunities
- Plans, initiates and drives sales tactics (proactive NTB customer acquisition and cross selling for expansion) through the stand-alone customer base and acquisition leads list.
- Acquire and onboard new customers in order to complete the sale.
- Proactively identifies migration and conversion opportunities.
Encourages activation of these accounts and pro-actively offers clients Debit Order and salary switching.
In conversing with customers, identify demand generation opportunities:
- Ensures accurate logging of leads as and when required (where the demand can’t be actioned one and done.)
- Proactively promotes the use of multiple channels to customers including mobile banking, internet banking and other non-physical branch channels.
- Participates and leverages of specific campaigns and marketing activities as required.
- Accurately captures, updates or amends customer information and history notes.
- Determines any additional customer demand that could be met whilst interacting with customers, this could include opportunities for cross and up sell as well as migration opportunities (use the ecosystem to acquire and open new personal and refer business account leads. The ecosystem includes business stakeholders, Business Banking, VAF, Card, HL, SBIB, SBFC etc.)
- Promote and sell a range of banking product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of Prestige customers.
- In conversing with customers, identify demand generation opportunities:
- Forges business partnerships with Business Banking stakeholders in the province to leverage the interplay between Personal Banking and Business Banking for optimal growth and retention.
- Responsible for the achievement of financial budgets (aligned to the Direct CST aspirations) through optimal growth of balances, margin management and revenue streams.
- Encourages activation of new accounts and pro-actively offers client Debit Order and salary switching.
- Continuously assesses what matters to the customer against the processes and systems ability to meet the customers demand, in order to make recommendations to the Team Leader / Manager to act on the system and as further input into the Solution Engineering areas.
- Collates information on value, variation and failure in the system whilst executing work processes, in order to contribute to development of management information for Direct CST.
- Analyses data and information in order to develop and apply self-correcting action within scope, to enable constant fulfilment of customer demand.
- Facilitates group meetings when required to contribute to collective learning and growth for individuals and teams.
- Updates MIS / data in order to maintain an accurate database to assist leaders who are required to act on the system.
Work in self-managed teams
- Adheres to the purpose and team principles (i.e. holding each other accountable).
- Adheres to and adopts new methods within the work.
Successful delivery of outputs would be measured as follows
- Delivers against what matters to the customer (within laid-down policies and procedures).
- Value vs failure demand (improvement in ratio of value demand versus failure demand).
- Improvement of capability of response.
- Customer demand perfectly delivered without any ‘comebacks’ (e.g., one-and-done; reduced abandonment rates).
- Customer satisfaction rating.
- Minimised customer hand offs.
- Highlighting, acting and adhering to areas of improvement.
- Work force schedule adherence.
- Adherence to FAIS supervision contract requirements (e.g., prepares relevant evidence, etc.) as gauged by the Supervisor.
- Increased growth in profitability by exceeding financial aspirations (new business sales targets, cross and upsell, migration etc.)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Satisfactory reports (audits, KYC, NPL etc.)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
FAIS recognised qualification i.e. relevant business-related tertiary qualification
Meets FAIS intermediary services and FAIS advice requirements (under supervision).
5 - 7 Relevant FAIS qualification with FAIS experience and operates without supervision for intermediary services. Operates under supervision or advice. Previous sales experience within a physical, virtual or voice branch environment with good understanding of bank processes, policies and products.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to [email protected]