POD Clerk - United Pharmaceutical Distributors (Cape Town)
DescriptionPosition Summary Industry: Pharmaceutical Sector Job category: Other: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale and Supply Chain Location: Cape Town Contract: Permanent Remuneration: Market Related EE position: Yes Introduction
We are looking to recruit a permanent POD Clerk (Proof Of Delivery) to work for United Pharmaceutical Distributors (UPD). The role will be based at Cape Town) and will report to the Department Manager.Job description Job Purpose: To deliver Service and Operational Excellence in the execution of duties and dedicated customer service by improving Efficiency in the Implementation of protected Margin Opportunities and reduction of costs.
- Capture and file all PODs accurately and timeously – no missing or unsigned POD’s.
- Ensure 100% of POD’s is captured on EDocs.
- To maintain dispatch success rate
- To ensure invoice availability.
- To supply correct paperwork to drivers
- Maintain Cold Chain
- To adhere to UPD's SOPs and ensure GWP
- To deliver customers parcels timeously.
- To ensure that all Pod’s and related documents are signed and returned to the DC in full.
- To Implement internal audit recommendations
- To reduce stock write offs and damages
- To reduce operational shrinkages
- Reduce errors in the dispatch process
- Comply with operational cost containment targets
- To do housekeeping
Minimum requirements Experience and Education:
- Matric/NQF Level 4
- Experience in working in a Dispatch
Job related knowledge and skills:
- PC Literate
- Knowledge of Good Warehouse practice
- Knowledge of the Dispatching process
- Customer Service Management
- Ability to work in a team
- Time keeping
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Adhering to principles and values
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Following instructions and procedures